Ever thought about running? Well maybe you should think about it again. There are huge benefits to running that can help to improve your health. Sit down and buckle yourself in as some or all of these benefits are probably going to make you want to start running:
- Reduces cancer risk. Running helps to reduce the risk of cancer. A paper published in 2009 stated that Finnish scientists monitored the health of 2560 middle aged men over the course of 17 years. Through this they found that the ones who had remained physically active were the least likely to develop cancer. For example running can reduce the risk of breast cancer by up to 30%! A simple 1-2 hours of running per week can do this for you.
- Heart. Running is great for your heart and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. This doesn’t have to be long periods of running either. Just getting in five to ten minutes of running a day at slow speeds can help out with this! Running helps to decrease your resting heart rate which means your heart doesn’t need to work as hard.
- Can prevent vision loss. Did you know that running can also help to reduce vision loss? That’s right! A pair of studies was held by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. They tracked 41,00 runners for a period of seven years and found that running actually reduced the risk of cataract and age-related macular degeneration.
- Live longer. Running can help you to live longer. This was proven by an assistant professor of kinesiology named Dr. D.C. Lee. He found that on average people who run live three years longer than people who don’t. He also found people who run have a 30% lowered risk of death from all causes and a 45% lowered risk of death from cardiovascular ailments.
- Depression and stress relief. If you’ve ever felt depressed and felt like you needed to cheer yourself up somehow then running can also help with this. Running makes your brain release chemicals like endorphins which make you feel better. It can also help by improving your self-esteem or body image. For this reason running can also be a good form of stress relief.
- Muscles. Running really helps out with your core and not just your six-pack rectus abdominis. This includes your deep core muscles such as your erector spinae, obliques and transverse abdominals.
- Low cost. If you need to save some money but still want to work out then running is a great option. This can help you save money as you don’t need to buy a bicycle like you would to go cycling. You don’t need to go to the gym to run so you can also save money on gym memberships!
Think running may be something that you want to take up? If you do then you might need a sports bra to start you off. Why not check out our Shock Absorber sports bras (run and Gym). We have over 15,000 sports bras in many different styles. These range from 28-42 chest size and A-HH cup size so there will be one for you! If you need help to pick out a sports bra then you may find the table below handy.
You can use the coupon code 2bloguwuw for 2% off!